Monday, February 20, 2012

Something like that...

...almost!

So last year I set the goal of writing more and it actually worked for a time being.  About 6 months.  Then life got busy chaotic with summer and bug collections across the western United States, and I broke the chain so to speak.  I've been struggling to re-motivate myself again.  I finished writing a book and then its sat.  and sat.  and sat some more.

In the meantime I've had about a dozen more story ideas.  I really wish I knew a ghost writer who could just take my ideas and create the stories, or a machine that could just read my thoughts and jot it all down.  But since neither of those is going to happen in the immediate future, I need to quit being lazy.

So tonight while taking a breather from playing with Charleigh I came across this article:

http://lifehacker.com/5886128/how-seinfelds-productivity-secret-fixed-my-procrastination-problem

Its a similar idea to what I did last year, but with a more long term view.  So beginning tomorrow I'm going to write it all out, and find me a calender to mark stuff off of.  I'm not seriously procrastinating on starting my new project, its just that its almost 10pm and I'm tired and have a 13 hour work day tomorrow.  Anyways, I'm excited to get back into the swing of things again.  I even started jotting down the major I ideas I have for the next book that I want to start writing.  Woo hoo.  And maybe on the days I don't write I can begin editing my book from last year so I can maybe start trying to get it published.


No comments:

Post a Comment