Thursday, August 4, 2011

Parei-what....

I said Pareidolia.

What's that, you might ask.  Well let me tell you.

pareidolia (ˌpæraɪˈdəʊlɪə)
 -n
  the imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist, as in considering the moon to have human features (def courtesy of dictionary.com)

I just learned the word today when I saw someone posting pics of peoples burnt toast.  The burnt toast supposedly has the image of Christ in it and others had Mary. 

And then the thought hit me, if God has chosen toasted bread to reveal his son to the world, should I slow down while eating breakfast just in case he has some special message for me. Then I remembered that I don't eat toast for breakfast.  I do yogurt on the weekdays and on the weekends I tend to eat eggs scrambled by my wife which she then places on tortillas.  Adding a little salsa and cheese and they are great.  Sometimes I even get some sausage on them. 

Will I miss out on a word from God cause I'm eating my breakfast with south of the border flatbread rather than good ol' American burnt bread?  Should I start a ministry where we send loaves of bread along with toasters to people all over the world so they can have God reveal Jesus, or Mary, to them via scorched bread?

Maybe I'll have to invent a solar powered toaster for people in countries that don't have access to electricity.  Mmmm, solar powered toast!   I'll have to give this some thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment