Wednesday, February 16, 2011

30k

I just reached 30 thousand words in one of stories.  Yep 30,000 words written.  I wish I had a dollar for each one of them. Maybe someday. 

I looked up novel lengths the other day and I was way off.  I was thinking 150,000 words, but it turns out that most publishers consider a book over 50,000 words to be a novel .  I'm 3/5's the way there.  Of course, I'm not quite half done with the story if you look at my initial outline.  Actually my outline isn't helping me much other than reminding me of the ideas I had for the story.  I originally had what was happening right now happen two chapters ago and then the story took a detour, it'll probably take some more. 

I'm actually feeling more and more hopeful about the whole thing.  I've been averaging over a thousand words a day.  and at this rate this book should be done by the end of march and then I'll have to decide to right the next one in the series or continue one of the stories I've already started, or start another one that has been burning a hole in my brain.

woot woot! 

2 comments:

  1. awesome dude! I tried to write books a couple of times and I just get too distracted by everything and lose my steam...someday I'll get one cranked out though

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've had that problem in the past too...i just feel super motivated...most days! today not so much, but mostly because I have another idea brewing and I wanna finish the current story first. But its hard to write one when you are thinking of another.

    ReplyDelete