Wednesday, February 2, 2011

follow up...

In case you missed it, I challenged myself:

http://extra-toe.blogspot.com/2011/01/who-you-calling-addicted.html

I officially have 11 days left and I'm sitting here at 11:30am watching a movie on netflix with my wife.  This has been the common theme of my life for the last week or more, well maybe not watching movies at 11:30am but I haven't been abstaining from the tech/media influences until 5pm.

At first I was down on myself, but I realized that the heart of my goal, was to quit doing one thing so I could have more time for something else.  I wanted to write more.  And well I've written more.  One of my stories that I started couples years ago, that has been brewing in my brain for over 7 years, sat around 20k words for two years now.  After this last week and the little bit I did the week before, its up to 30k words.  I tapped out 7k words last monday through friday.  Thats an average of 1k a day and if I did that everyweek I could have two full length novels done by years end.  So for the new month resolution I'm shooting for 1k a day.   Weekends and days homes are the hardest with distractions and chores, but I have made a small change already, and now I'm ready to make another small change that will hopefully make a big difference in the future.

I have another goal set for the beginning of March already, and hopefully the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment