Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wearied by man....

...can't chase the horses!

I want to go to the moon!  Literally. 

But let me step back a day and tell you why I bring that up.  I struggle with my perception of other's idiocy.  I'm not saying that those people that I struggle with are idiots, I'm just saying that in my pride I see them as such and then I struggle with their actions internally, often causing massive amounts of stress for myself and sometimes poor responses on my part. 

So last night I was driving home from job number two where there are multiple occasions to view other people's actions as idiocy (Thank God for the sanctification power of retail).  And from my aerie of pride I got frustrated with an individual who changed a policy because of what looks like spite.  I got frustrated mostly because it impacted me and others I like in a negative way (and productivity as a whole).  I fumed silently and on my drive home I pondered why I held on to that stuff so much.  Why I let others frustrate me so much.  And then I saw the moon!

It was a full moon.  The sky and surrounding plains were lit up like the Las Vegas strip at night,  maybe a wee bit less garish.  And I was struck by how small it looked yet how massive it really was all at the same time.  I wanted to run across its face and let the moon dust sift between my fingers and just bask in the glory of God as I experience something he created that isn't much tainted by all of us.  I wanted to explore all his creation and discover just how intricate he made it all.   

Then it hit me that it'll be a long journey there if I continue to let others frustrate me so.  I am reminded of a play in my heart that has been growing for the last couple weeks.  A play that calls me to greater worship of something far bigger than myself.  And I am struck small again and it feels good and refreshing. 

As I was reading a passage from Jeremiah today, and Jeremiah complains to God about the usual woes and then God responds:

"If you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you,
how will you compete with horses?" Jeremiah 12:5
 
 
I want to compete with horses!  I want to go to the moon!  I want to not live a life frustrated!   

No comments:

Post a Comment