Monday, May 9, 2011

Catch that fly...

Yesterday was mother's day as many know.  But fewer may know that it was also the day that our church chose to do baby dedications.  There has been a major influx of babies since we arrived and there were three of us couples who were there to have our children dedicated. 
DaNae's parents were in town for the event and to celebrate her first mother's day.  It was a grand event for all.  We got ready to go after an early dinner (our church meets in the evenings) and headed off.  I think I was ready to go around 5:30 and spent some time throwing Charleigh into the carseat and ushering everyone out the door. 

We got to church, stood up with all the other couples as one by one the pastor prayed over the babies.  I could go on a rant about such traditions, as many know I have issues with them on occasion, but I chose yet again to not bicker about it since it meant much to my wife.  And then it was over.  Charleigh giggled a couple times at a girl who was standing in front of us while the two other babies cried, or howled, or made other unhappy noises.  This gave DaNae and I some misplaced pride, but we took it. 

After church we went out for custard at Freddy's and then to Wal-mart for some groceries.  I had grabbed an iced tea at Freddy's and my bladder was full so I went to the restroom.  I slid up to the urinal and went to unzip only to find that I was already unzipped and that's when I realized that I had been unzipped since before church and during church and during the brief period of time that I stood in front of the congregation, for over 3 hours! 

I was a little freaked out.  Had everyone noticed and decided not to say anything, or had it not been apparent at all?  A lady there had taken pics on DaNae's camera for us and I wanted to look and see if there was a shot of my underwear from them.  I had to wait until we got home and unloaded the van before getting a chance to sit down and look at the pictures...

I powered the camera on and hit the playback button.  I started scrolling, focusing purely on my crotch.  I hit the wrong button and went into some pics that DaNae snapped up some other day.  Finally I thumbed through them in the correct direction, studying each one in detail.  And nothing.  No flashes of underwear, at least nothing recognizable.  Phew! 

Happy Mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment