Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Things I wish were real...

It's list Wednesday again and though I kinda made a list yesterday, this is a different kind of list.

There are a lot of things in life that people get to make life easier, Ipads, smartphones, etc.  But I remember as a child imagining all the amazing things the future held.  You know, like shoes that lace themselves and skateboards that hovered on air!  Well, I've grown up and here are some of things that science fiction often doesn't think of, which means there is probably no one out there working on such achievements...


  • Dairy products fortified with fiber:  I'm sure there are at least a few million citizens of Florida  and George Costanza wanting this.
  • Heated toilet seat:  who hasn't gotten up first thing in the morning and clenched up too quickly because of a cold toilet seat?  This may not be a great idea in public restrooms, mainly because a warm toilet seat tends to remind me someone else had their rump there not too long ago, and I try not to think of such things when I use to facilities! ***note*** I'm betting these might be real, but they should come standard on toilets!
  • Home strep throat test: I hate paying $40 just to go to the doctor after taking time off from work and hanging out in the waiting room with people sicker than me just for my doc to tell me i don't have strep.  Can't I do that from the comfort of my own home, possibly while sitting on a heated toilet seat after eating too much cheese?
  • Self plunging toilets: I feel like I'm stuck on a bathroom kick here.  But honestly to have a toilet that could unstick itself would be fantastic.  The morning I went out breakfast with DaNae's Dad and Brother to ask for their permission to marry their Daughter and Sister, I plugged the toilet.  It was gross. And there was no plunger!  I can't remember if it was the only toilet in the house, but that's kinda embarassing.  I thought about blaming it on a cat or something but then I remembered the question I always ask myself in those situations; if this was a Ben Stiller movie, would he do that?  And if the answer is yes, then I do the opposite!  I can't count the number times that question has saved my butt!
  • Microwave oven that resets the timer automatically: I think this is my biggest beef with my wife.  I look to the Microwave to see what time it is and its flashing 3 seconds!  or 2 seconds!  And it has been doing that for about three hours since she last used it.  Sure, she could be less impatient and wait the 2 or 3 extra seconds, but this is a very fast paced world and she has a baby to contend with now.  I want a microwave that recognizes the fact that we no longer need it to finish those last few seconds and to quit flashing the fact at me!
  • Lasers: I know they are real, but I want one that I can pick up at home depot and use to cut 2x4s or remove tree stumps, mow the lawn, unplug toilets, shave, or cut a hole through the crust of the earth in an attempt to reach china!  You know, all the things that I was promised lasers would do for me when I was a child.

What do you wish existed in real life that would make your life easier?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment