Friday, March 4, 2011

40k

I've hit another milestone...it feels good.  I actually should've hit it last week, but I had a couple days of mega stress which knocked my brain loose for a few days. I think all combined I wrote a thousand words last week.  And the week before that I started rewriting a couple of the chapters I wrote a couple years back since they didn't really fit with what was happening in the story.  SO I wrote some and then deleted some which accounted for a net gain of about zero.

But I read this article last week of a lady who self publishes on Amazon.com.  She sells like 100,000 ebooks a month at like three bucks a pop. At 70% profits she makes a pretty sweet penny. So I started to look into what it would take to self publish.  It just takes money like so many other things.  With that in mind and all whole money situation at home, I'm looking into getting a part-time job.

It'll make life a little easier until the daycare goes into full swing, it'll help us reduce debt a little faster (woot) and help me self publish.  Then I'll just need to find a way to get my name out there once I do self publish.  I guess thats what facebook is partially for, and prayer.

All in all I'm more motivated to get this book done so I can work on the next...

No comments:

Post a Comment