Friday, March 11, 2011

Progess...

...it feels good.

I ran today for the second time this week.  I had planned on running Wednesday, but my legs were not as responsive after the Monday run.  Instead of killing myself in order to run and make myself hate it more, I withheld until today.  It felt good.  Well, actually much like last time, it felt great afterwards.  I was actually peppy at work!

I was peppy until I had to listen to a coworker rant and rave about how crappy life is.  He told me back at Halloween that he doesn't give out candy because he doesn't want to support all 'that demonic stuff'.  Then he told me last week that he stays up late on Thursdays because that's the night all his favorite shows are on TV, including the vampire diaries.  I've never seen the show but I'm assuming its not glorifying God or anything.    Seriously, this guy wears me down most days (lucky I only work with him 3 days a week) and I'm starting to see the areas of my life where he is rubbing off on me.  I'll have to put the kabosh to that. 

In other news, I think next month I'm setting a goal of not watching movies with my wife until she has seen it all the way through.  Just kidding.  I won't set that goal, but I think it might make our evenings more pleasant when we do watch a movie together.  Here's what usually happens....
1)movie starts.
2)danae falls asleep.
3)a large portion of the movie plays out on the screen.
4)danae wakes up.
5)danae asks questions, like 'who's that guy?'  'what's going on?'  'what did i miss?'
6)bill gets frustrated, just wants to watch the movie without explaining who's who and major/minor plot points.
7)bill refuses to talk to danae.
8)danae cries.
9)bill feels like an ass.
10)bill apologizes.
11)movie ends.

Okay, some of that is an exaggeration, and DaNae now has a beautiful little leach stuck to her chest part of the time and is watching the neighbor kid, so its not surprising she gets tired.  So I just need to suck it up and be a man and pause the movie every time her eyes shut, or at least find some other viable solution to enjoying the evenings with my wonderful wife...

No comments:

Post a Comment