Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nice recovery...

Yesterday wasn't a good day.  I was grumpy, I didn't write and the washing machine backed up through the toilet in the basement (which I discovered an hour later, after a stepping on a soaked carpet).

I filled up my car at Dillion's and as I drove up I saw a guy digging through a large pile of stuff in the middle of the parking lot.  Twenty feet away there was a truck with the tail gate down and with the bed of the truck half full of more stuff.  I thought they must've accidentally lost half their load driving up to a pump.  I got to another pump and as I filled up I noticed that they had a fire extinguisher, and some of the boxes were blackened and I could smell smoke.  I guess while moving, something lit something else on fire and well, a gas pump is the last place you want such things to happen.  I guess their day could've been worse.  At least they had a fire extinguisher handy.

Not sure why some days are just worse than others, but today was a good restart.  I only woke up tired rather than grumpy, I jotted down 1200 words and the carpet is dry.  Today was a good day...

No comments:

Post a Comment