Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March on good man...

New month...new goal. 

Its March, and I've already had two months of relative success with goals I've set.  The first month, I really wanted to consume less, produce more.  I was producing zero, so it wasn't hard to start producing more.  Then in February, I wanted to start producing even more and I didn't care about consumption anymore. 

Well now in March, I'm having to go back to the first goal of producing more and consuming less.  But rather than writing more and consuming less media, I want to physically consume less and produce some weight loss. 

I weighed myself this morning and I am up to 256 pounds.  I think my heaviest was reached after I got married at 260.  Right around our second year of marriage I dropped 35 pounds by calorie counting.  It felt great, but the whole calorie counting thing gets super tedious.  Especially if you are eating out or going to friends houses for dinner.  Well, we don't do either of those things, okay we got out on occasion, but not as regularly as we use to and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time we were invited to someone's house to eat (hope that's not a judge of our character).  To top it off, I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day so it shouldn't be hard to calculate that and then only worry about what dinner brings. 

But I don't want to just eat less, I want to get more active too.  One thing I did the summer before DaNae and I met was run.  I loved it.  Actually I hated it when I did it, but I felt great afterwards.  I got up to 5 mile runs pretty quick, but I didn't feel like I improved in speed or anything.  SO rather than starting off with a three mile run like I did that summer, I'm going to take it slow and do the couch to 5k program.  Hopefully it'll help me build speed and endurance rather than just tearing me up. 

Now all I have to do is figure out my calorie intake goal and start jogging!  Monday will be the start of the jogging for me (I'm attempting to wake up earlier this week to be ready for early morning jogs) and I'll start the calorie thing tomorrow. 

P.S.  I'm not doing this as a means of reaching some glorious weight.  I want to just build better habits in my life.  Out with the old, in with the new!

No comments:

Post a Comment