Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hurray...

65k words written, over 45000 of those this year!  In just over 4 months no less.  Thats kinda crazy to think about.  And my story is drawing closer to the end.

I just finished the part of the story that got me thinking about the story to begin with.  It has to do with this forest which is broken up into all these various times and traveling between the times causes you to age or grow younger depending on the time in that 'time zone'.  So if you went into one that contained a time 30 years before you were born, you would cease to exist.

When I first thought of the story I tried to design the entire thing around this concept, but then a new story formed and this was but a small part of it.  And the more I write the smaller it becomes.  The main character only stayed in it for a chapter or so and now is left alone in a marsh and i'm not sure where she goes from here.  I'm stuck.  Bit of a block.  And I still have about 1200 more words to write to meet my quota for the day.

All in all though, I feel good. She is almost to the end of the journey now, which means I'm almost to the end of the story, at least this portion of it.  I'm excited to see what happens and then to travel onto the next story and get out of this world for a little while before jumping back in to start book two in the series...

No comments:

Post a Comment