Friday, April 29, 2011

Finally...

OK, so I just started writing on my story some more and I looked down and saw this:

I honestly didn't see the story going past 50,000 words and I'm still not done.  I've written over 26,000 of those words this month which is close to a 30% increase (of course I had basically deleted two of the older chapters and rewritten this last week, so that would increase the total weekly written).  It would've been more but I had an inspiration/motivation issue this last week or so.  I feel like I have less and less time each day to write with things at work gearing up and chores at home piling up.  But I'm so close, and I'm still lost on what's going to happen in the end. 

I did print off the first 25 chapters so that my wife could start reading through it and giving me her thoughts.  She pointed out a grammatical error last night, even though I was thinking it would be helpful if she could tell me the areas that felt flat, or confusing and let me know the parts that she really liked.  She is only like a page into it though so I can't expect much from her yet. 

And of course once I finish this one I can move on to another story.  Can you tell I'm trying to convince myself to get back to writing?  Well I am.  So maybe I should stop writing here and write there instead....

No comments:

Post a Comment