Wednesday, January 12, 2011

observations on a fast...

So, I think I'm on day 8 of my no media before 5pm fast and I think depression has set in.  Is that a side effect of withdrawl? I get to work and during my down time I sit at my desk and feel like sleeping.  Sleep calls out to me.  It tries to seduce me into closing my eyes, but I must fight!  Its all too tempting, especially since there doesn't seem to be anything else more enticing to do.  I fasted from food for 21 days once, and I remember many times just wanting to sleep so that I could skip the empty times and get to the full time much quicker, hopefully my brain isn't trying the same thing here. 


I wish there were a mind-to-computer interface, other than my hands and keyboard, that could translate my thoughts more effeciently.  Most days I start writing and my brain takes off at warp drive and I can't keep up.  Then I get frustrated and stare at the screen and try not to fall asleep as it calls me away yet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment