Friday, January 7, 2011

wore down...

Its day three of my challenge to myself and I finally found a few minutes to write.  Its been a busy morning running back and forth across the parking lot for various chores.  Between that and it being a dreary overcast windy day, I'm feeling highly unmotivated to write.  So I'll just update you on how the last couple days have been during my 'media' half-ish (or maybe 3/4ish is more concise) day fast....

Day one:  this was probably the roughest day of the three so far.  I had a headache most of the day and into the wee hours of the next day.  I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the lack of entertainment I was suffering from or possibly the beer I drank at dinner the night before (it was my first one in quite some time and I didn't drink any water until the next day).  So for the remainder of my fast I will fast from beer as well, which shouldn't be too hard.   Other than blogging I didn't write at all, but I did get some good reading done.

Night one: once the constraints were loosed and I could surf the web and watch tv, I did just that.  No surprise, but it felt a little bit more empty than normal and my mind wandered to story ideas.  I did refrain from playing any video games that evening though since they seemed less interesting at the time.  Plus DaNae had her 6 week appointment that morning and got cleared to do all recreational activities!  So there was that!

Day two:  This day was probably the best so far.  I actually wrote more than half a story that goes into one of my stories (story in a story...confusing but its all the rage these days).  And I blogged, so i had that going for me!  And I showered and shaved before the constraints were loosed rather than waiting until an hour past bed time.  note to self:  remember to not go more than 7 days without shaving...

Night two:  watched some xfiles with my wife while we ate...after dinner I realized that we forgot to sit at the table and dine with the tv off, but DaNae got all apologetic and said it was her fault and I said no it was Charleigh's fault since she was needing food too and has a hard time feeding at the table, and with the blame easily placed on the one person in the house who couldn't defend herself, we had fudge pops and finished the xfiles before going to bed.  I think next year I will set the goal to not have run on sentences.

Day three:  its windy, which I said above (it kinda feels like April or May in Laramie, without the snow).  And I'm kinda tired.  Charleigh actually slept through the whole night last night but that honestly doesn't effect me a whole lot because I've never noticed it when she didn't sleep.  but maybe that means DaNae and I can interact more during the day rather than me blankly staring at the wall or out our new windows while she naps in the afternoon. 

Night three:  since I'm not a fortune teller, I can't tell you how this will go, but I know its the start of a three day weekend which will end with my in-laws coming to stay with us (as long as they can make it through the forecasted snow), so it can't be all that bad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment