Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sudontku...

Some habits are hard to break even if you are trying to be ultra aware of them.  Case in point:

My job has a lot of hurry up and wait action in it.  I put down screens and add water to the rearing pans and have to wait for the pupae to float up to the top of the water so I can pick them.  Also, currently I have to push a cart of jugs across the parking lot to another building to get deionized water for insect rearing and once I've gotten it there I have to wait anywhere from 3 to 15 minutes for each jug to be filled to the brim.  Usually during these moments of down time I start up sudoku on my zune (yes I proudly use a zune) and pass the minutes until its time to proceed with picking or pushing the full jugs back across the parking lot.  Well today after I dutifully avoided jumping on the internet to puruse all my news sites and going straight to work I fumbled.  I had a down time and rather than finding some other little task to do or even meditating on something meaningful I played some sudoku and then went back to work without even noticing the slip up. 

But I've repented of my ways and am now on to bigger and better things and if this headache would go away I might be able to focus on something else.  I wonder if its from withdrawl or something more hideous like a worm crawling through my cranial cavity.  Hopefully time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment